The features of this garden are biodiversity, permaculture, seed saving, a learning center, a 5 circuit labyrinth, a crystal area, a small waterfall, a fairy garden, and a fire pit. We have a rewilding area as we reconnect to the Gaia / Nature. We are doubling the size of the orchard soon to over 70 fruit trees.
We live in a time of great polarity and divisiveness. I offer the peace garden as a place for all- a safe place to meet and collaborate and be human with no labels. A place to read or meditate. No particular political or religious or ideology here other than to passionately protect Mother Earth and the remaining wild areas on the planet. Herbs as well as bees and monarchs and many other plants and critters are currently in danger. So are we if the bees die!
For our children and for ourselves I want you to be aware of my “project” and my “passion”. I intend for this garden to be a safe and sacred space to reconnect to Mother Earth and to one another in a different way than most gardens. A park that is different than other parks.
RainbI want Gaia’s to endure and believe you might want it to endure as well. It offers unique opportunities to learn and reconnect to nature and each other.
I am accepting donations to do just that. I want to be neutral in my expenses at the garden- bring in enough to cover the expenses of the garden. I am starting a “Rainbow” membership plan for financial and work share ways to participate in the garden. Costs of property taxes and ongoing path maintenance are a challenge for one person. I welcome help here in the garden and when able will teach how to help if you are new to gardening.
A Brief Look into 2017 at Gaia’s Peace Garden
Gaia’s Peace Garden: Generating and Manifesting Abundance
Intentions / vision / mission/ actions
I intend that 2017 be a year for filling myself with the gifts of Gaia
– by acknowledging I am here for my self and for the self care I receive by being here…..
– by being me and moving fearlessly into a new way of being me……
– by asking my guardians and guides to teach me
– by planning fewer events this year
– by planning a few events at the core of my vision of Gaia’s
I intend to make Gaia’s as minimally maintenance free as possible
– by clearing and maintaining safe clear pathways…..
– by creating a map brochure of Gaia’s….. (simple and concise)
– by clearing/ removing metal fencing remaining in the yard…..
– by planting ground covers on edges of pathways…..
– by finishing projects I started that have loose ends….. (eg. Cabinet for inverter and tools)
– by NOT starting any new projects until I have planned on how they would be paid for
I intend to make Gaia’s as cost neutral as possible
– by participating in Backyard Abundance Plant Sale
– by pursuing the project of planting fruit trees at Gaia’s and to plan a fund raiser to help pay for the trees and/or for the labor involved in designing and preparing and planting the fruit trees…..
– by hosting Gardening with Spirit classes here whenever possible…..
– by if in case of a miracle I am given more money than I need to donate it to Grow Johnson County to promote a Safe Food system in Johnson County
– by continuing to offer Gaia’s as a place for other groups to gather…..
I intend to create a year of preparation for creating a healthy transition in the control of Gaia’s……
– I say this as my intention to be proactive and to empower and teach and expand…..
– I say this to prepare Gaia’s and to prepare myself to let go gracefully…..
– I am in need of preparing to detach as I grow older and Gaia’s is easier to maintain…..
– I welcome anyone interested in managing or stewarding Gaia’s if it’s offered but intend to step back from repeating past mistakes by placing unrealistic expectations on people willing to help…..
– other than clear pathways and ground covers and fruit trees no new major projects…..
– the year of divine congruence at Gaia’s is a year of honoring spirit at Gaia’s and transitioning from one way of being managed to another…….
– a year of clearing and cleansing and simplifying and letting go…..
– a year of celebrating and ceremony and both……
– a year of some very basic workshops such as fruit tree planting, Gardening with Spirit, Beekeeping, Care of Botanical Sanctuary workshop, Seed Saving Workshop, alternative energy, water element in gardens…..
Gaia’s Peace Garden – 2066 Bristol Ave
I intend for the garden to endure and to thrive…… If it does hurray….. if it does not it was not meant to…… The energy and consciousness there will live on and on….. The fence is a reminder of the energy body of Gaia’s- of a new paradigm within and out……
I envision Gaia’s as a reconnecting and healing sacred space- a botanical sanctuary…… A place where I reconnect to Mother Earth and to the universe and to others who are friends of Gaia’s….. As above so it is below…..
I envision Gaia’s as a template locally for a globally sacred space that is nourishing and informing and inspiring and empowering…..
– Gaia’s is a biodiverse ecosystem for gathering for educational and social and ceremonial activities……
– Gaia’s is a place to honor the soil and air and water and fire as priorities for all sentient beings…..
– Gaia’s is a place to rethink how we think and how we prioritize….
– Gaia’s is a practical place for learning about herbs and flowers and a safe space to generate plants and ideas for cocreating a more beautiful world…… Here and far beyond…..
– Gaia’s is a place to step out of a box and into a circle
– Gaia’s is a place for all ages and colors and orientations- ALL ARE WELCOME!
– Gaia’s is a place for Warriors of the Rainbow- elders of all colors and nations to sit side by side at the Sacred Fire…..
I envision a flow of financial revenues to become neutral in the energies that flow in and out of Gaia’s….. And so I propose this plan to both ask for your participation if interested and give you clarity as to both the benefits of the garden and the particular costs (inflow) and potential gifts Gaia’s offers to make this happen with the intention that all who participate and contribute might strongly feel a win win win…..
This Spring I invite anyone wanting to sponsor a fruit tree and / or to plant fruit trees to be in touch as we will plant 40 more fruit trees soon at Gaia’s….. We will have a sponsor fund / energy exchange drive and work days scheduled soon……
I envision classes and meditation held here……. Individually perhaps…. Perhaps collectively….. From herb walks and herb talks to biodiversity and organic gardening and spiritual permaculture to care of orchards and wholistic care of botanical sanctuaries…… Developing and stewarding or maintaining medicinal herb pathways….. Alternative energy and discussions of the world we intend and then attend to as we manifest the dreams and visions we share…… Gatherings of group healing touch and distance healing and many community building ceremonies……
I envision Gaia’s as a sacred space that is nourishing and informing and inspiring and empowering….. A biodiverse ecosystem for gathering for educational and social and ceremonial activities…… Gaia’s is a place to honor the soil and air and water and fire as priorities for all sentient beings….. Gaia’s is a place to rethink how we think and how we prioritize…. Gaia’s is a practical place for learning about herbs and floeand to generate plants and ideas for cocreating a more beautiful world…… Here and far beyond…..
I especially intend to give energy to a few workshops and ceremonies and healing services listed below and welcome input and suggestions but I intend to bear full responsibility for the success and the leg work…. I expressly intend to encourage and promote further art and music expressions at Gaia’s…..
The core classes I envision are to be spaced out so seasonal and spontaneous celebrations can coincide with planting and cultivating and harvesting….. United Plant Savers, Seed Savers, Energy Ley Lines, Alternative Energy inservice and a Water Element inservice have potential speakers and/or plans for the projects almost completed at Gaia’s….. I will be contributing ground covers and Comfrey rootlets and a few other transplants for Backyard Abundance plant sale…… In July I am pondering a care of Botanical Sanctuary and Open House and later a seed saving workshop in the fall……
I am caring for the many small areas that i intend for an ongoing presence of the elements already at Gaia’s including the Faery garden, the Apacheta or sacred stone mound, the labyrinth and a story / meditation area by the crystals and water area as well as a story / meditation area by the Oak tree….. Minimal work as I have basically already completed them- just need to remind a few thistles and blackberries to behave!